Babies breathe in whatever is in their mattresses so it’s important to have a non-toxic one if you can swing it. The same goes for cribsâ€”you don’t want your baby mouthing toxic finishes on cribs or breathing in the outgassing formaldehyde used in certain kinds of wood.
KIWI Magazine is having a contest where you can win an eco-friendly crib matttress and crib. Just sign up for the KIWI Green Baby Shower newsletter and be entered in a giveaway to win a Q Collection Junior crib and Naturpedic crib mattress.
The Q Collection Junior crib features:
- Locally-sourced solid ash and bent wood construction
- Mattress support is made of formaldehyde-free plywood
- Water-based finish, non-toxic, free of VOC health hazards
The Naturepedic mattress features:
- Provides non-toxic fire protection and waterproofing
- Certified organic cotton and environmentally friendly materials
- Made, tested, and certified in the U.S.A.
Contest open until April 30, 2009. Good luck!