At The Green Mom Review, we try to make every day Earth Day by doing little things daily to reduce our impact on the Earth. Yet, sometimes it can be a little overwhelming knowing where to start. So to kick-off the week, we are bringing you a few easy precycling tips for putting a little more “green” into your life.
- Use cloth napkins. Check out Fabkins for a really fun alternative for kids!
- Take reusable shopping bags to the store with you. There are so many cool styles these days – like Skeeda, EcoBags, and Pretty Green.
- Buy in bulk and avoid individually wrapped items when possible.
- Stop unwanted junk mail through a free online service like ProQuo or Catalog Choice.
- Read magazines and newspapers online.
- Use a computer to pay bills, send party invitations and stay in touch with friends. Try Pingg for the classiest, most professional e-vites we’ve seen yet.
- Buy recyclable packaged items rather than non-recyclable, and consider using glass containers for storing leftovers instead of plastic.
Choose just one of these tips to start incorporating into your life this month and you’ll be doing the Earth a huge favor! And then, go get yourself some fair-trade, organic chocolate to pat yourself on the back for being such a good Earth-loving mama. I know I will.